Monday, August 26, 2013

Behind the blog - Chapter drawings

Hello fellow strangers

I have been recieving some e-mail lately from our loyal readers and everyone is asking a lot of interesting stuff. For example, where do we take the chapters drawings, how is the fanfic going, who writes what and so on. I though it would be nice to show a little of our backstage to you, so I'll be posting the "Behind the blog" series. This first post will be about our drawings and images, and for it I'll be counting with the help of Ghost Writer, our head Designer.

Koko - So, Ghost, people want to know: where these illustrations came from?

Ghost Writer - Well Koko, they all came from... erm... my hands? So to speak? ^^' Actually I drew all by myself.

K - Did anyone helped you?

GW - Only with their opinions. Specially Frank, which is always ready to help me out when I doubtfull about something related to the drawing.

K - That's nice. I also love the way the illustrations looks like, I mean. Halftone paterns and those precise lines... is it hard to make?

GW - Well, I could say "yes", but only when you're not used to finish drawings using the computer. Recently I made an upgrade on my PC so I would be able to use my favorite softwares more properly, both for my college and personal stuff. This makes things a lot easier.

K - I know a true magician never reveal its tricks, but tell me what you can about the process.

GW - It's quite simple. First of all, I draw the whole lineart in my scketchbook, using pencils and, sometimes, fineliners. After that I scan the draw and I make the necessary corrections using the ST. After the lineart is the way I wanted, I export to the PS where I make the halftones.

K - Never imagine you could use two softwares for the same thing.

GW - It's not something to be happy about, I believe. ^^' This just mean I can't fully use both of then (which is true) but I love ST because of it's intuitive vector.

K - Sounds quite... something. And what about the characters... is there any guideline saying what will be in the illustration?

GW - Not at all. All I think is to show something important or strong about the chapter. Like the first one, which showed the moment when Morgan appeared in the magic circle... for me, that was the strongest thing about the chapter.

K - And so it was! Will we be seeing illustrations about them, and not only the chapter covers (so to speak)?

GW - I have been thinking about it a lot lately, but I still need to think a bit more. It isn't like I fully agree on using manga style to Percy Jackson characters, specially after the whole amazing fanworks I saw using a more hybrid lineart, something more cartoonish. But, well, to draw the whole gang would be fun ^^

And that's our interview with Ghost Writer, our head Designer.
To end this "Behind the blog" she gave us some whip of the chapter covers.

And if you have any suggestion for a Behind the blog, you can send us as well!
I'll gladly read your suggestions.
The e-mail for contact is here.






No comments:

Post a Comment